Prequalifications for Network Members
Individual contract agreements between Hollings Cancer Center and a network member will be executed to clearly articulate the services provided under a network membership. The contracting process allows the option of customizing a service contract to fit the unique needs of an organization. While a number of services are available to network members, there are other items that are the responsibility of the network member. These include:
- Access to an IRB
- Proper Assurances issued through the Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP).
- Adequate staffing resources to perform study coordination.
- Proper set up for investigational drug management (storage, record keeping, etc.).
Additionally, network members will need to:
- Agree to submit all data to Clinical Trials Network Office for MUSC sponsored studies conducted under the network agreement.
- Agree to provide the Network staff, faculty, and sponsoring agencies access to research records and patient records for monitoring and auditing purposes of studies conducted under the Network agreement.
- Agree to provide patient enrollment information and quarterly activity reports.
- Satisfy the membership prequalification requirements described below:
- Prequalification of investigators - network investigators will complete a Form 1572 with a current, signed copy of their CV as part of the application process. Additionally, investigators will complete research specific web-based educational modules.
- Prequalification of staff - network staff will provide a current signed copy of their CV as part of the application process. Additionally, staff will complete research specific web-based educational modules.
- Prequalification of facility - network sites will undergo a prequalifying site visit to establish the facility is adequately equipped and has the resources to perform the research activities.
To learn more information about the Clinical Trials Network or to request a membership packet, please contact the network office at 843-792-9321 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.