MUSC Hollings Cancer Center Volunteer Program was established to provide our patients and visitors with hospitality, services and amenities that would not otherwise be available. A visit to Hollings Cancer Center can be overwhelming for many patients and their families. Not only are they often suffering from a serious illness, they are usually seeking care in unfamiliar territory from medical staff and caregivers they may not know. Our dedicated volunteers allow us to offer some of the highest quality patient care available, as we strive to make every patient's visit as comfortable and problem-free as possible.
We accepted and place Volunteers for Holling Cancer Center quarterly.
Applications will be accepted:
December 1-21, 2012
March 1-22, 2013
June 1-21, 2013
September 1-20, 2013
Volunteer opportunities cover the spectrum from direct patient contact to assisting our busy staff with administrative duties. If you desire to make a difference, to touch a life, to learn while helping others, Hollings Cancer Center Volunteer Program can find the right place for you. During the above open dates, please CLICK HERE to be directed to our Volunteer Home page and application.
Types of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Lobby Greeter/Patient Escort
- Waiting Area Hospitalist
- Patient Resource Center
- Day Treatment/Infusion area
OUR CURRENT VOLUNTEER WISH LIST:
- Packaged crackers, cookies, and assorted snacks for ICU families.
- Items for the Family Tea CART: New and packaged teas, coffees (regular, decaf, flavored). Candy for tea cart and Infusion Patients
- Handmade knitted lap blankets and hats (Adult sizes)
- Knitted Knockers for Mastectomy patients (pattern found at http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTbits.html)
- Surgical style cloth hats (call for details)
- Travel Size toiletries
- Gift Cards for families with patients in a long term stay
- Minimum of 3-hour shift per week on the same day and time
- Fulfill a minimum of 100 hours per year
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Day Treatment/Infusion area volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Required to have a health screening, background check, and formal MUSC orientation prior to volunteering
For any additional information, please contact Katy Kuder at 792-0858.