Advanced Site Management: Finance and Productivity
Enhanced Business Practices for Clinical Research Programs
November 7th and 8th, 2013
GOAL: Hollings Cancer Center recognizes the continuing need for education for Clinical Research Professionals responsible for the activities at a research site or institution. The topic of financial practices and business processes continues to be a challenge for clinical research sites. The purpose of this workshop is to assist Managers, Coordinators, and Research Associates in improving their skills and their understanding of the practical financial and business tasks related to clinical research. This workshop will focus on providing tools and techniques that the participants can immediately utilize to benefit their clinical research programs.
OBJECTIVE: The goal will be accomplished through lecture, case study, practical application and hands-on experimentation facilitated by experienced clinical research professionals. Information and practical application recommendations will be discussed regarding all of the functions of the research site related to finance, productivity, budgeting, billing, and executive reporting.
Attendees should be able to:
- Describe the role of financial management in medical research
- Describe issues related to reporting the results of a research program to executive management
- Discuss current trends in the clinical research industry
- Demonstrate an ability to calculate the complete cost of a research study
- Discuss the foundational principles required to build a profitable research site
- Demonstrate an ability to understand the contract negotiation process
- Explain effective processes for implementing billing systems and assuring billing compliance, Including: relevant CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) billing regulations
- Discuss revenue recognition models and tools
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct billing analysis on research protocols
- Describe methods for assessing study performance, revenue positions and for enhancing cash flow
- Demonstrate an ability to develop a research budget
- Describe methods for managing research program accounts receivable and business office reporting requirements
- Describe techniques for assessing study costs and reviewing sponsor budgets
- Discuss issues and challenges related to managing expenses at the clinical research site
- Describe tools to assist in clinical trial budget negotiation
- Describe methods of calculating the profitability of a clinical research program
- Demonstrate an ability to use spreadsheets in managing financial aspects of clinical trials
*All attendees will receive a certificate of completion that provides 14 CEU’s/CRA’s
Please click here for additional details and to register for this event!
View the agenda for this event here!