Biostatistics Shared Resource
The mission of the Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) is to provide outstanding biostatistics leadership and support in a cost-effective manner for the Hollings Cancer Center (HCC) and to act as a hub that facilitates interactions among the various investigators, shared resources, and programs within the HCC.
The purposes of the BSR are to:
- Provide statistical support to HCC investigators for the design of studies, analysis of data, quality control, manuscript preparation, and development of grant proposals.
- Adapt, develop and validate novel statistical methodologies to address emerging approaches in ongoing HCC research.
- Facilitate interactions within the HCC by participating in project development meetings with program leaders and other shared resource directors.
- Serve on HCC protocol review and monitoring committees to provide critical input into proposed and ongoing internal and external clinical trials.
- Provide ongoing education in statistical methods and approaches for faculty, fellows, residents and staff of the HCC.
|Kent Armeson, MS||Allan De Toma, MAS||Amy Herrin Wahlquist, MS|
The BSR provides statistical support to basic scientists, clinical investigators, behavioral scientists, and epidemiologists involved in cancer research. BSR members meet with HCC investigators to discuss study planning, statistical analysis, and general statistical questions about projects as the needs arise. The BSR services can be divided into activities that span five areas described below:
- Statistical Design, Planning, and Implementation.
- Statistical Analysis.
- Review and Monitoring of HCC Studies.
- Grant Review.
- Education of Cancer Researchers.
If you publish a manuscript including research supported by the Biostatistics Shared Resource, the HCC recommends the following text to be placed in the acknowledgement section: "Supported in part by the Biostatistics Shared Resource, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina (P30 CA138313)."