Robert K. Stuart, MD
Professor, Department of Hematology/ Oncology
Name: Terri L. Matson, CCRP
Location: 86 Jonathan Lucas Street, Suite 373
The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) of Hollings Cancer Center (HCC) provides support services for investigators conducting cancer-focused clinical trials. Over thirty staff members work together in supporting the research needs of various disease sites in which they are assigned. Additionally, the CTO serves as a liaison to the Protocol Review and Monitoring System, Institutional Review Board, and various other committees and centers working to support clinical trial activities. The HCC CTO includes studies from all of the major NCI Cooperative Group trials. The HCC is also active in industry trials as well as its own internally developed investigator-initiated trials.
- Assist HCC Principal Investigators in the activation and administration of studies.
- Centralized support for scientific, ethical, financial and operational reviews and ongoing management
- Provide training and education relevant to all aspects of study management to CTO staff, clinical staff and new investigators.
- Communicate the availability of clinical studies to HCC physicians, referring physicians and the public
- Prepare records for internal and external quality and compliance audits
- Assist clinicians in screening and enrolling patients for clinical research studies
- Coordinate and ensure the completion of patient-specific study requirements
- Provide data management support for clinical research studies
- Provide multi-center management support services for investigator-initiated trials
Current Clinical Trials: For a full listing of current clinical trials, please search our Clinical Trials Database.