Lipidomics - Analysis Unit
Location: 505 Children's Research Institute (CRI)
The Lipid Analysis Unit provides:
- Qualitative (compound identification) and quantitative LC-MS/MS analysis of the key lipids from different biological materials (cells, tissues, serum, blood) determining their basal levels and changes in response to exogenous agents.
- Analyses of 300 different sphingolipid and DAG components at a basic metabolomics level.
- Methodology for the study of sphingolipid metabolism, thus eliminating the use of radioactive precursors (using 17C sphingolipids and LC-MS/MS combined approach).
- Methods for the determination of enzymatic activities at the cellular level (using 17C sphingolipids: e.g., 17C-Sph and LC-MS/MS combined approach for SK activity).
- Determination of enzymatic activities of lipid metabolizing enzymes in vitro and ex vivo.
|Service||Fee for Sample|
|Multicomponent LC/MS Analysis per class of compounds||$50||$60||$90||$180|
|Organic phosphate determination||$25||$25||$25||$25|
|Protein contest (tissue only)||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|Multiple analyses can be performed from a single sample, but each class of compounds is priced separately.|
The Lipid Analysis Unit provides a multi-component LC-MS/MS analysis per class of compounds that can be performed from a single sample; however, each class of compounds is counted and priced separately. Please click here for the Lipidomics Analysis Unit Request Form. Currently 14 different analytical units are available:
- Sphingoid bases (sphingosine Sph, dihydro-sphingosine, dhSph), sphingoid base-1- phosphates (S1P, dhS1P), ceramide molecular species (Cn-Cers). This is the most basic analysis, covering 16 different molecular species.
- Dihydro-ceramide molecular species (Cn-dhCers).
- Alpha-hydroxy-ceramide molecular species (Cn-2’OHCers).
- Phytosphinghosine, phytosphingosine-1-phosphate and phytoceramide molecular species (phytoSph, phytoS1P, Cn-phytoCers).
- Ceramide-1-phosphate molecular species (Cn-Cer1P).
- Sphingomyelin molecular species (Cn-SM).
- Dihydro-SM molecular species (Cn-dhSMs).
- Hexosylceramide (glucosyl- and galactosyl-ceramide) molecular species (Cn-HexCers).
- Lactosyl-ceramide molecular species (Cn-LacCers).
- Diacyl-glycerol molecular species (Cn-DAGs).
- Glucosylceramide species by SFC-MS/MS (Cn-GluCers).
- Galactosylceramide species by SFC-MS/MS (Cn-GalCers).
- Cellular/tissue levels of exogenously added compounds.
- Special analyses that require method development.