Lipidomics - Synthesis Unit
Manager and Lead Scientist
Name: Zdzislaw Szulc, PhD
Research Associate Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Location: Rooms 748 and 747B - Basic Science Building
The Lipid Synthesis Unit provides:
- Total synthesis of natural sphingolipids (4 isomers for each sphingolipid) from the chiral precursors.
- Design and synthesis of various inhibitors of sphingolipid metabolizing enzymes.
- Design and synthesis of organelle-targeted Cers and inhibitors of sphingolipid metabolizing enzymes.
- Design and synthesis of molecular tools for metabolic studies: radiolabeled, fluorescent, and 17C sphingolipids (containing an unnatural 17C-sphingoid backbone).
- Design and synthesis of molecular tools for determination of enzymatic activities.
Services and Pricing
Lipidomics Synthetic Unit services are priced on a customized basis per project.
Please consult Dr. Szulc regarding your project. Please click here to view the Lipidomics Synthesis Request Form.